Classic Amiga Hit “Another World” Finally Makes It To The Google Play Store
Two months ago we were getting our apps from the Android Market and DotEmu was promising to bring the cult classic game Another World to Android. Fast-forward to today, and the game is now available, but you won’t be getting it from the Android Market. Released today, Another World 20th Anniversary Edition will have you playing the role of a young physics researcher desperately trying to escape the hostile world he found himself in after lightning struck his laboratory.
Another World 20th Anniversary Edition features instant nostalgia as well as:
- Switch from the original graphics to HD graphics by sliding two fingers on the screen at any time in the game
- New Touch controls specially redesigned or classic D-pad (directional arrows and original action buttons)
- 3 difficulty modes: Normal (easier than the original), Hard (similar to the original) and Hardcore (harder than the original)
- Sound and sound effects are 100% remastered
- OpenFeint with over 10 Achievements
- Compatible with Bluetooth-connected Zeemote joysticks
- 5 languages available (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- Xperia PLAY optimized.
The game will run you $4.99 and so far seems to be getting mostly positive reviews. If you’d like to take this blast from the past for a spin on your Android device, hit up the Google Play Store link below.
Android Market Link | Another World