Minecraft Pocket Edition gets all the upgrades you’ve been waiting for
Building spectacular structures in Minecraft Pocket Edition is now even easier thanks to a new update that adds support for physical game controllers. The release also introduces cross-platform multiplayer, allowing smartphone players to join those on PC for the first time.
Pocket Edition players can now connect a physical controller to their Android device and use the game’s new controller mapping feature to join the controls they’re already familiar with to the buttons on their gamepad. The game’s virtual controls have also been improved in this release.
Other changes include enhanced weather effects, the ability to sprint, and a host of bug fixes. By far the biggest improvement, however, is the ability to join up and play with other Minecraft players on Windows 10 for the first time.
Here’s the complete list of changes:
- What’s New in Version 0.12.1
- The Nether and all its inhabitants. Fight Ghasts and make friends with Pigmen
- Cross platform play for up to five players between Pocket Edition and Windows 10
- Revamped touch controls, controller support, and a controller mapping screen
- Enhanced Weather effects! Accumulating snow and more
- Ocelots! Try taming one with a fish
- Experience, Anvils, Brewing, and enchantments. Time to up your game, crafter
- Golems. We recommend you approach with caution
- Flower pots. We recommend you fill them with flowers
- Sneaking and sprinting! Express yourself through movement!
- Loads of bug fixes that are too boring to list here
- Lots, lots more!
There is just one caveat: This update is currently available only on the Amazon Appstore — but it is expected to reach Google Play imminently.
- SourceAmazon Appstore