WhatsApp update brings custom notifications for individual conversations
WhatsApp’s latest update on Android makes the app even more useful for chit-chatters by allowing users to assign custom notifications to individual chats. The release also brings new emoji, lets you mark messages as read or unread, and more.
With custom notifications, you can assign different tones to individual conversations, so without even looking at your smartphone, you’ll know whether you’re latest WhatsApp message is from your mom, your BFF, or that colleague you’ve been trying to avoid.
This update also adds a whole bunch of new emoji, which you can tap and hold to change to a different color. Here is the full list of changes:
- Per chat custom notification settings and mute
- Mark chats as unread or read
- Added new emoji. You can also tap and hold on some emoji to choose a different color.
- When receiving a contact card, you can now quickly message or save the contact if they’re on WhatsApp
- Lower the data usage used during WhatsApp calls in Settings > Chats and Calls
- Language support for Urdu and Bengali
You can download the latest WhatsApp release from Google Play now by following the link below.
- Google Play StoreWhatsApp