Zite Personalized Magazine App Comes To Android, Reviews Not Looking Good
Zite is a popular iOS app that personalizes your news content automatically based on your habits and interests. What differentiates it from other news readers is its ability to tap into how you interact with the articles you read. Zite gets to know you better and better over time. The app has finally made it to Android but unlike its iOS counterpart, has not received much praise. In fact, user reviews seem to slam the developer for making a clunky iOS port and completely disregarding Android UI guidelines. Apparently the app is laggy and feel more like a beta app than anything. Now I haven’t personally tried the app out but if initial reviews are any indication, I might now want to.
For those of you unhappy with your current news reader and looking to try something out, the app is free, so I guess it’s worth a shot. Highlights of the app include:
- Zite personalizes your content automatically and gets better the more you use it.
- Gaming and tech? Motorcycles, cats, or vegetarianism? Create your magazine your way with thousands of sections and a smart auto-suggest tool.
- Interact with the articles you read on Zite by thumbing them up or down and watch your magazine get more and more personalized.
- Get a head start on finding amazing content tailored just for you by automatically syncing Zite with your Twitter and Google Reader accounts.
- Experience a magazine like no other – Zite will change the way you discover and enjoy content on your phone
If you decide to give Zite a try, let us know what you think. You can grab it by following the Google Play link below.
Google Play Store Link | Zite