Humble Bundle Returns: Pay What You Want And Receive 4 Games Never-Before-Seen On Android
The Humble Bundle is back again, this time bringing five games never-before-seen on Android. If you’re wondering what Humble Bundle is, it’s a pay-what-you-want bundle of multi-platform, DRM-free, and independently developed games. Not only do customers get to pick their own price, but they also get to allocate their payment by deciding how much goes to the developers, how much goes to charity, and how much goes to Humble Bundle (which pays for the bandwidth and development of the promotion). They usually offer a slew of games for the price of “whatever” and then throw in a bonus game for those willing to pay more than the average customer (which isn’t that expensive).
The current Humble Bundle for Android 2 features four great games that work on Mac, Windows, Linux, and Android. For the low price of “whatever” you can have:
- Zen Bound 2 – Zen Bound 2 is a ground-breaking, meditative puzzler that defies convention. Players are given a wooden figurine, which must be wrapped in twine through a process of creative rotation. The twine triggers splashes of paint that cover the ornament, and players are loosely rewarded for using as little twine as possible to cover the object. Zen Bound 2 has been an iOS best-seller, and we’re thrilled to be bringing it to Android. Customers will also receive the excellent game soundtrack Bound along with the remix soundtrack, Rebound.
- Cogs – Cogs is a much-lauded 3D puzzle game that gives the player mechanical structures that need to be fixed in order to function properly. The puzzles involve creating the right arrangement of gears, pipes, and other Victorian-esque technologies in order to strike bells, turn propellers, and channel steam.
- Canabalt – Canabalt is the sublime, indie parkour platformer by Adam Saltsman. It involves running through a city during an alien invasion and jumping from rooftop-to-rooftop. The desktop versions on Windows, Mac, and Linux feature a 2-player hotseat mode formerly exclusive to the Winnitron arcade machine. The Android version includes optional 3D effects, making the pixels pop like never before. The soundtrack to Canabalt, created by the inimitable Danny Baranowsky, is included for all purchasers of the Humble Bundle for Android 2.
- Avadon: The Black Fortress – Avadon: The Black Fortress is the RPG fantasy saga from Jeff Vogel’s Spiderweb Software, an indie studio well-known for sprawling experiences and intricate plots. It layers on the best of classic RPG elements to create a true epic: four classes, hundreds of items, dozens of spells and abilities, secret quests, and multiple endings. In the Humble Bundle for Android 2, it’s available for the first time on Linux and Android tablets. (Due to the intricate nature of the game, the Android version is tablet-only.)
- Swords & Soldiers – Swords & Soldiers is a vibrant, side-scrolling strategy game making a debut on Linux and Android in this promotion. The tight, balanced gameplay is perfect for gamers seeking a fun, casual, strategy experience. Players must spawn the right units to gather resources and overrun the opponent’s base, and the included soundtrack will fill your headphones with the drama of battle. Three diverse factions, multiplayer, and challenge modes provide gobs of colorful gameplay if you beat the average!
For those willing to pay more than the average price, you’ll get the fifth game:
Now this deal won’t last forever, so head on over to Humble Bundle and grab it before it’s gone (which will be in approx. 14 days).
- SourceHumble Bundle