Stay On Top Of Your Bracket With The Official NCAA March Madness App For Android
March Madness starts tomorrow and there’s no better way to keep track of the games, as well as your bracket, than with the official NCAA March Madness app for Android. The app is free to download and comes with many features, including the ability to live stream the games on select devices for an additional $3.99 upgrade. Before I get into features, I’ll save most of you the trouble by pointing out there’s no tablet support of any kind, so if you were hoping to watch the games on your Transformer Prime or any other tablet, forget about it (at least for now).
The NCAA March Madness app will ensure you don’t miss a bounce, offering the following features for free:
- Live game radio of all 67 games
- Live social chatter for teams in every game
- Fill out your official NCAA Bracket Challenge bracket right from your Android
- Track the entire bracket live throughout the tournament
- Get alerts for upsets, overtimes, crunch time (close games), and your favorite teams
- Post directly to Facebook and Twitter
- Use My Channels to see where each game is on all four networks – TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV
- Watch the NCAA Basketball Selection Show live on Sunday, March 11
- Watch LIVE streaming of all 67 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament games
- Watch a live stream of team practices for the Final Four
- Watch highlights of all 67 games; highlights available right after each game
- Take it with you: Buy it once and use the March Madness Live account you create to login and watch on your computer.
If you’d like more features, a $3.99 in-app purchase will allow you to:
Another let down is the fact that the live games are only supported on Android devices running OS 2.2 to 2.3.7. I’m not sure if they will update this to include Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich but we sure hope so. There has also been reports of Coca-Cola offering promo codes that will allow you to upgrade to the $3.99 full featured version for free. Try texting 0YOURFAVORITE team to 2653 and see if that gets you the code (of course substitute “YOURFAVORITE” for the name of your actual favorite team (i.e. 0FLORIDASTATE).
Google Play Store Link | NCAA March Madness Live