Samsung Infuse 4G Finally Gets Gingerbread
It’s really a shame that it took this long for the Samsung Infuse 4G to get an update to Gingerbread. At this point, I’m not sure whether customers will feel relieved, or like they’re the brunt of a cruel joke. No one likes to get updated to a year old software version when a newer one is already out and this has been the thorn in Samsung’s side for quite some time. To make matters worse, AT&T is making users download the latest version of Samsung’s Kies Mini to sideload (which is ironic, since AT&T was once against side-loading) Android 2.3.6 onto their device rather than push the update out OTA. Well, at least Gingerbread is now available, and here’s what you’ll get with the update:
- Improved Copy and Paste functionality
- Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
- Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Notification Shade: “Flight Mode” added (“Silent” removed)
- New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary
- Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top
- New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.
- New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets
- Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added new, Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed.
Wow, looks like they’re going to remove Angry Birds and make you start all over — now they’re really pouring salt in the wounds of Infuse 4G owners! Well, it’s there if you want it, just follow the source links below.
via Android Central