Sonic 4 Episode 1 Now Available In the Android Market
Sega promised to bring its Sonic 4 franchise to Android and even showed off Episode 2 which is set to hit Tegra devices sometime this year. While that news was exciting, we were still missing the episode that started it all — Episode 1. Well guess what? That iconic blue hedgehog has spun his way into the Android Market and is ready to pick up where he and Knuckles left off.
The game is being offered for $4 and includes:
- 2 EXCLUSIVE LEVELS!!! – Two exclusive levels build specifically for smartphones using the accelerometer.
- NEW MOVES – All of Sonic’s classic moves are available, including the newer Homing Attack which will add a new level of control and excitement.
- CLASSIC SONIC STAGES – Race through 4 unique zones containing 4 acts each as well as 7 special stages.
- SPECIAL STAGES RETURN – A staple of the Genesis-era games, the special stages return allowing fans to collect the 7 Chaos Emeralds and unlock Super Sonic.
- REVAMPED CLASSIC BOSS BATTLES – Dr. Eggman returns with new and improved mechas and will go berserk when he accumulates damage.
This is good news for all you classic game lovers looking to revisit your youth. A quick look at reviews seem to be hit or miss, but if you’ve got $4 and a space in your heart for nostalgia, head on over to the Android Market and download Sonic 4 Episode 1.
Android Market Link | Sonic 4 Episode 1