HTC Unveils One Developer Edition With Unlocked SIM & Bootloader For $649
If you’re planning to pick up the incredible new HTC One, but you want to ensure you’re going to be able to tinker with it and use any SIM from any carrier you choose, then you’re going to be delighted with HTC’s latest announcement. The company has unveiled the One Developer Edition, which comes with an unlocked SIM and bootloader for $649.
The Developer Edition is almost identical to the regular HTC One — it has all the same internal specifications — only there are no restrictions. You can use any SIM card you like inside it — providing your carrier’s network is supported, of course — and install custom ROMs and other tweaks that would be much more difficult to run on a regular handset.
HTC One Developer Edition Specifications
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with HTC Sense 5.0
- 4.7-inch 1080p display
- 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 64GB of internal storage
- Front-facing stereo speakers
- HSPA/WCDMA, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, and LTE connectivity
- UltraPixel rear-facing camera
- 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera
- Open APIs for Bluetooth Low Energy, Infrared, and more
- Unlocked SIM and bootloader
The One Developer Edition will be available in “limited quantities,” according to HTC, and it’ll launch alongside the regular One in the United States, priced at $649. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to get it on contract at a subsidized rate.