TiVo Announces Official Android App [CES 2012]
If you’ve been waiting for an official TiVo app to hit Android, you’ll be happy to hear it’s now available. Today TiVo announced the availability of their official app for Android. Users looking to take advantage of controlling their TiVo with their Android smartphone can now head over to the Android Market to start enjoying features such as
- Schedule – Schedule one-time recordings and Season Pass® recordings from the device at home or on-the-go.
- Get more from your shows and movies – Explore cast and crew and other recommendations of your favorite shows without interrupting the big screen.
- Search – Search for TV shows, movies, actors or directors across both broadcast and broadband from providers such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video and more.
- Share comments with your friends – From within the TiVo App, comment and share your thoughts on your favorite programming on social networks such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Gesture-based controls – Now you can take complete control of all recordings, even move forward and backward though a show with a simple tap or swipe.
- Program Guide – Browse your full-screen TV program guide without interrupting TV viewing.
- Guest Mode – If you don’t already have a TiVo DVR, you can still get the TiVo experience. Users can browse, search and scroll through program and channel guides and experience the simplicity of the TiVo interface.
The app is free and available in the Android Market. Follow the link below to download the TiVo app for Android.
Android Market Link | TiVo