Ice Cream Sandwich Headed To The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Those Ice Cream Sandwich numbers are steadily rising and next up to receive some Android 4.0 love is the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. It’s hard to believe that this tablet has been stuck on Honeycomb all this time, but that’s Verizon for you. It looks like Verizon is set to give this guy a refresh as the support docs for the update have gone live.
Software update, SW Version i905.LP11 should be hitting Tabs soon and features a hefty changelog:
- Applied Android Ice Cream (ICS) OS upgrade to 4.0.4.
– Pinch to Zoom functionality has been added in homescreen and main menu screen.
– Google Plus has been integrated.
– Google Text-To-Speech Engine has been integrated in the upgrade.
- In Email search menu, search criteria by date, sender & title.
- In Email Composer, ‘undo’ and ‘redo’ options have been added.
- A quick response message may be quickly inserted into the body while composing a message.
- Initiate a ‘New Meeting Invitation’ for Exchange accounts.
- Redesigned Gallery app with photo editor includes:
– More ways to sort albums by time, location, people and tags.
– Photo studio that allows users to crop and rotate pictures, set levels and remove red eyes.
– Improved Picture Gallery widget lets users look at pictures directly on their home screen.
- Rich and versatile camera capabilities including:
– Continuous focus.
– Android 4.0 Zero shutter lag exposure.
– Stabilized image zoom.
– Built-in face detection to locate faces in the frame and automatically set focus.
– Single-motion panorama.
– Apps can now set custom metering regions in a camera preview.
- Wi-Fi Direct support by Android platform.
- Android 4.0 introduces built-in for connecting to Bluetooth Health Device Profile (HDP) devices. With support from third-party apps, users can connect to wireless medical devices and sensors in hospitals, fitness
centers, homes and elsewhere.
This update should breathe some new life into your Galaxy Tab 10.1 so keep an eye out for it. About time Verizon.
- SourceVerizon Wireless