Ice Cream Sandwich On Its Way To The Motorola DROID 4
Verizon has finally given the thumbs up to the Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Motorola DROID 4. With support documents now live on their site and a few random reports of it hitting users, it’s safe to say the rollout has begun. It will most likely push in phases, so if you aren’t seeing it right away, don’t go nuts, it’ll get to you soon enough
DROID 4 users have waited a while to get their hands on Ice Cream Sandwich and all of its added benefits. Along with these benefits, DROID 4 users will find Verizon has added the followin:
Issues Corrected / Enhancements -OS Upgrades
- Device is enabled for Global Roaming. Now take advantage of voice and data services in
over 205 countries worldwide.
- Integration of new version of Backup Assistant Plus.
- Mobile IM has been removed.
- Color for Facebook application is preloaded.
Enhanced Customer Support with Verizon Remote Diagnostics
New customer care solution to improve customer service experience. When a customer calls into Verizon Wireless
customer care, this solution, with the customer’s permission, allows support personnel to remotely view the user’s
device for device training, application demonstrations and troubleshooting.
Email / Messaging
- Improved Stability and connectivity with Email.
- Successfully download and save ringtones.
Stability and Performance Improvements
- Mobile Hotspot – Improved connectivity.
- Reduced device resets and power cycling.
- Camera quality has been improved for better pictures.
- Improved My Gallery performance.
- Voice Mail Notification shows the correct of unread messages.
- Updated Mobile Hotspots Icon.
- Visual Voice Mail shortcut on home screen changed to a standard voicemail shortcut.
- Clear Contact pictures are displayed for phonebook contacts.
To check to see if you can pull down the update, head into Settings > About Phone > System Update. Once it hits your device, you’ll be bumped up to Android 4.0.4 version number 6.16.217.XT894.Verizon.en.US.
Give a shout in the comments when the update hits your phone, and welcome to the club!
- SourceVerizon Support