Google Music Receives A Few UI Improvements In Latest Update
Google Play Music received some UI improvements today when it was updated to version 4.3.606. Besides being “Harder, better, faster, stronger,” the Google Play Music app now features a:
- Now Playing queue that allows for queuing and reordering of currently playing music.
- New UI for navigation with transport controls on the action bar.
- New large album art view on Recent.
- Playlist art is now constructed from album art of songs in the playlist.
- Now Playing widget has album art and support for thumbs up.
While the majority of changes are welcomed, the thumbs up inclusion and the new icon are a bit lame. Overall, you’ll find the update a refreshing one, but Google Music Play still has a ways to go in my book. They’re just lucky other players can’t stream from Google Music, otherwise most people would be using PowerAmp or something similar.
If you haven’t already updated, just head over to the Google Play Store to grab the latest version.
- Google Play StoreGoogle Play Music