Facebook Updates Android App To Include Support For Front-Facing Cameras
Facebook pushed out an update yesterday, and while early reports say the app still “sucks,” they’ve added support for front-facing cameras, dropped support for Eclair and below, and included various bug fixes. The Facebook app for Android has long been a thorn in Facebook’s side with close to 800,000 1-star reviews and this latest version appears to fall short of expectations.
The latest update brings Facebook for Android to version 1.9.7 and lists the following improvements and fixes:
- Facebook for Android 1.9.7 requires Android 2.2 and up
- A front-facing camera makes it easier to take photos
- New messaging features let you switch between conversations, include friends of friends, share bigger photos, and see who’s available
- Various bug fixes
- Made a security improvement
- Faster app login and navigation
If you haven’t grabbed the update yet, head on over to the Play Store and brace yourself for more of the same old, same old from Facebook.
- Google Play StoreFacebook