5-inch devices appear to be all the rage, and so naturally, HTC had to take a crack at it. Announcing the DROID DNA for Verizon, this 5-inch “don’t call it a phablet” device has some impressive specs. Most impressive is the Super LCD3 display featuring full 1080p (1920×1080) resolution with a ppi of 440! The DROID DNA is like an HTC One X on steroids, featuring:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, quad-core at 1.5 GHz.
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB storage (11GB usable) – no microSD
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with Sense 4+.
- 8MP rear camera with ImageSense and a new “Sightseeing mode”
- 2.1MP f/2.0 front-facing camera with auto portrait mode.
- Beats Audio
- 2,020mAh battery
- Wireless Charging
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 2.5v headset and speaker amplifier.
- 4G LTE data.
The DROID DNA certainly is a beast of a device, it’s too bad it has the stomach the size of a pea. I’m really not getting this trend of less storage, thankfully I have many other devices to choose from. The beauty of Android — enough choices that you’re bound to find a device that fits your needs.
The DROID DNA will hit shelves November 21st for the subsidized price of $199.99 with a two year contract. Pre-orders for the DROID DNA will open today and anyone interested can simply visit Verizon Wireless for more information.
What do you think? You’re next device or did you already grab yourself a Nexus 4?Related