Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2012 [Live Blog]
[Update: The event is over, stay tuned for more coverage on the Samsung Galaxy S III]
Just some soothing music and floating bubbles — very serene.
I could just sit here all day and listen to this music — for real.
Music has stopped — booo!
What… you… expect… from… the… next… Galaxy?
Some video along to orchestrated music, with what appears to be quotes from what people expect from the next Galaxy.
It is “Designed For Humans” — perhaps a dig at Siri.
MC Suzy Perry takes the stage.
She’s drumming up the anticipation by talking about what is expected from smartphones today and our love for tech.
Introducing JK Shin President of IT and mobile communications.
Confirmed… Galaxy S 3, III, Three? (Turns out it’s S III)
Best in glass hardware:
- Super AMOLED display
- 4.8-inch screen
- 8MP camera — burst shot best photo buddy photo shot
- 2100mAh battery
- 8.8mm 133gram
Design inspired by nature, design inspired by smoothed pebbles.
Screen recognizes eye movement and stays on
Talks about Voice Control
It’s a “Human Phone”
4G North america during summer
Will launch end of may 145 countries 296 mobile operators
There is it
Enter Loesje De Vriese and Jean Daniel Ayme to show off the Samsung Galaxy S III features.
See, Listen and Respond:
- Smart stay – Stays awake as long as we are looking at it by using the front facing camera to recognize eye movement.
- S Voice – Responds to voice. Voice recognition software. You can wake up your Galaxy by saying “Hi Galaxy.” Looks like Siri. Find out weather, launch applications, etc.. Understand 8 different languages.
- Direct call – Uses motion recognition to call someone you were texting.
- Smart Alert – Galaxy S III will buzz to let you know you have a missed call, messages, etc. Simply a vibration notification.
- Face recognition – Go straight to a persons social media site from a photo on your device thanks to it’s facial recognition feature.
- S Beam – share content by tapping phones thanks to NFC technology (essentially Android Beam).
- AllShare Cast – Using WiFi direct mirrors your screen onto another screen
- Buddy photo share – instantly share photos with all your friends in that picture. Using the face recognition it will give you the option to share the picture with all of the friends it recognizes.
- AllShare Play – Looks like cloud storage and document access with collaborative editing
More features: (some reiterated)
- 8.8mm thick, 133gram weight
- Android 4.0
- 16, 32, 64 GB Memory
- Comes in two colors – Pebble Blue and Marble White (rumors were correct
- 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED Display
- Quad Core processor
- Pop-Up Play – Awesome feature that minimizes video, etc, and allows you do complete other tasks without leaving the video.
- Intelligent Camera – 8MP, Zero shutter lag, burst shots, best photo feature (chooses best photo out of a burst of 8), Face Zoom, Group Tag.
- 1.9MP front-facing camera
- Wireless Charging
- Bluetooth 4.0
Showing off what will be the first Samsung Galaxy S III commercial.
- Flip Cover
- Docking Station
- Car Dock
- Battery charging stand
- Wireless Battery charging kit
- HDMI adaptor
- S Pebble music companion
- Video Hub
- Music Hub
- Drive Link
- S Health
- Encouraging BYOD trend
- Mobile Payments
Launch dates: May 29th in Europe.
Ruh, Roh, a surprise! Oh, just a pop-up store.
That’s a wrap folks!