Sony rolls out Android 5.1 for Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z3 series
Sony has begun its rollout of the Android 5.1 Lollipop update for handsets in the Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z3 families. In addition to the usual Lollipop features, it brings LinkedIn integration, camera improvements, better enterprise support, and more.
The complete list of devices in line for this update includes the Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, and Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, and the Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet. Sony promises that the Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact, and Xperia Z Ultra are “up next.”
Here are some of the highlights you can expect from the Japanese company’s Android 5.1 update:
- Increased customisation options – so you have even more control over the way volume, silent modes and your alerts function
- Brand new LinkedIn integration – be more productive with intuitive contact synchronisation in your Calendar
- Camera improvements – with faster, more accurate Superior Auto Mode focus for great images, regardless of conditions
- Enhanced enterprise support – with our latest Xperia in Business features for work
- SmartWear integration – selfie snapping made that bit easier, with SmartWatch 3 as a remote shutter button
Sony says that once it has updated the Xperia Z1 series, it will bring Android 5.1 to the Xperia T2 Ultra and the Xperia C3 — and then to the original Xperia Z series. Of course, by the time that happens, Lollipop will have almost certainly been succeeded by Android M, but it will remain a significant upgrade over KitKat.