Latest update for the OnePlus One finally makes its touchscreen usable
OnePlus has started rolling out a new software update for the OnePlus One that brings with it a number of security and bug-fixes.
Most importantly, the update contains a new touch panel firmware that should completely fix the poor multi-touch performance and ghost swiping issue that many OnePlus One users have been experiencing since day one.
The official change-log of the CM11S 44S update is as follows:
- Resolved SSLv3 POODLE security issue
- Updated touchscreen firmware
- Fixed issues with memory causing screen artifacts
- Fixed issues with random reboots and instability
- Fixed issues with WiFi and modem crashes
- Fixed issues with Filesystem
- Fixed issues with “black bar”
- Fixed issues with persist partition corruption
- Fixed issues with AT&T VoLTE
The OTA update also contains a new radio, which should help alleviate the poor LTE performance and signal issues that many One users have been facing.
Most of these issues have been continuously bugging OnePlus One owners since quite sometime so it is nice to see the OnePlus team rolling out an update to finally fix these issues.
The OTA update is being rolled out gradually so expect it to land on your device only towards the middle or end of next week. You can always sideload the update manually if you wish to.