How to keep your Android Wear watch awake when it’s charging
Most Android Wear watches need charging every night, so many users have taken to plugging them in beside their bed and using them as a bedside clock. If you’ve done the same and you’d like to prevent your device from going to sleep while it’s charging, here’s what you need to do.
This isn’t a feature that’s offered to all users by default, so you’ll need to begin by enabling “developer options” on your watch. But don’t worry; this process doesn’t involving rooting or any other hacks, and so long as you don’t mess with anything else, you won’t break anything.
Just follow the steps below.
- Tap the screen on your watch to bring up Google Now, then scroll down and tap “Settings”
- Scroll down and tap “About”
- Find your device’s “Build number” and tap it 7 times to enable developer options
- Swipe to the right to go back to the Settings menu, then tap “Developer options,” which should now appear at the bottom of the list
- The first option you’ll see is “Stay awake while charging,” and you just need to tap it to enable it
Bear in mind that this could mean your watch is pretty bright while it’s in its charging dock, and it might not be ideal for those who like to sleep in complete darkness. However, you can adjust the brightness of the display from within Settings to make it a little more comfortable.