Leaked Samsung roadmap details KitKat updates for 13 Galaxy devices
Still waiting for Google’s latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat update on your Galaxy smartphone? A leaked Samsung roadmap details the South Korean company’s release plans for 13 different handsets, including the Galaxy S5, the Galaxy S4, the Galaxy Note 3, and the Galaxy Note 2.
Samsung’s been slow to deliver Android 4.4.4 to a whole bunch of smartphones, but that doesn’t mean the company has forgotten about them. In fact, two of its more recent handsets — the Galaxy S5 and the Note 3 — are scheduled to get the update this month, while many more will get the release in November.
Here’s the full roadmap:
- Galaxy S5 — SM-G900I: October
- Galaxy S5 — SM-G900F: October
- Galaxy Note 3 — SM-N900: October
- Galaxy Note 3 LTE — SM-N9005: October
- Galaxy S4 — GT-I9500: November
- Galaxy S4 LTE — GT-I9505: November
- Galaxy Note 3 Neo — SM-N750: November
- Galaxy S4 Mini Duos — SM-I9192: November
- Galaxy S4 Mini — SM-I9190: November
- Galaxy Grand 2 Duos — SM-G7102: November
- Galaxy Grand 2 — SM-G7105: November
- Galaxy Note 2 — GT-N7100: November
- Galaxy Note 2 LTE — GT-N7105: November
Samsung has already “completed” the updates due this month, according to the roadmap — so they could drop at anytime. Those for both Galaxy S4 variants and the Note 3 Neo are in final testing, while the others are “pending.”
This is almost certainly the last KitKat update these devices will receive with Android L right around the corner, and for a number of them, it could be the last official update period. Aging handsets like the Note 2 could well be overlooked when Samsung draws up its list of devices that will receive Android L support.
- SourceXDA Developers
- ViaG for Games