Pebble 2.0 Update For Android Brings Dedicated Appstore, UI Changes And Much More
The latest 2.0 update for the Pebble smartwatch will finally bring the much awaited Appstore to the Android version with tons of apps and watch faces to choose from. This new update also completely revamps the user interface of the app, allowing users to browse between several popular categories and even search for popular titles.
The Appstore currently has applications like Foursquare, Yelp, Runtastic Pro, Plex and several other, so there’s plenty to choose from. Downloaded apps will be moved to the user’s ‘Locker’ which will then have to be loaded onto the smartwatch by heading over to the My Pebble page and tapping ‘Load’ on the desired app. You can find the complete changelog of the app below:
- New Features in 2.0.12 (requires Android 4.0 or newer):
- Pebble watchapp directory: browse, find and install the latest watchapps for Pebble.
- List of prior notifications now stored on your Pebble.
- Watchapp locker: keep track of your favorite apps and manage the apps on your Pebble.
- Completely revamped and improved user interface design.
The Pebble Appstore made its way to iOS first with Android users having to wait until now. However, fans won’t mind the delay as the makers have managed to do a very impressive job. Download the app from the link below if you haven’t already.