AT&T Rolls Out Maintenance Update For Optimus G
AT&T is currently pushing out a minor over-the-air update to all its carrier-branded Optimus G devices located in the United States. Sadly, this upgrade doesn’t bring any major software developments, such as Android 4.2.2, let alone 4.4, but it does include a couple of much requested stability improvements, one of which allows users to take still photos using the front and rear camera at the same time.
The Optimus G was released back in 2012, and packs a 4.7-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels, a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 chipset powered by four 1.5GHz Krait CPU’s, an Adreno 320 GPU, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of built-in storage, a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 1.3-megapixel front-facing shooter and a 2,100 mAh removable battery.
The full changelog for this update, which weighs in at roughly 65MB, can be seen below:
- Closed Captioning: Closed captioning option will appear in full screen mode for video files that are closed captioning supported.
- Battery and Data icons in AT&T apps folder: You now have quick and easy access from your device home screen in the AT&T folder to manage data usage or optimize battery life.
- Dual camera: You can take still photos using the front and rear camera at the same time.
- Video pause and resume: You can pause and resume while recording a video.
- Smart video; With eye detection, if you stop watching a video, the video will pause.
- Home button LED: You can set the home button LED for “Favorite” contacts. Go to “Favorite” contact > Edit > Home Button LED.
- Unused apps: You can set notifications for unused apps at: Settings > Apps > Menu key > Unused apps.
If your on AT&T’s network and you own an LG Optimus G and have not yet received this update, you can head into Settings, then About Device and select Check for Updates to manually scan for the upgrade. Alternatively, you can wait until you receive a push notification informing you to download and install software version E98010n.