Verizon Posts Official Galaxy S4 Mini Android 4.3 Update Documents On Its Website
Earlier today, Verizon posted the official update documents for an upcoming OTA upgrade for the scaled-down variant of Samsung’s former flagship smartphone of 2013, the Galaxy S4 Mini. The paperwork reveals that the handset is set to receive the longly-awaited Android 4.3 Jelly Bean software build, in addition to support for the Galaxy Gear.
The S4 Mini is an impressive mid-range Android-powered smartphone, which packs a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels, a Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400 chipset powered by two 1.7GHz Krait CPU’s, an Adreno 305 GPU, 1.5GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage (expandable up to 64GB via microSD), an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 1.9-megapixel front-facing shooter and a 1,900 mAh Li-Ion battery.
The full changelog for the over-the-air update can be viewed below:
Key Device Enhancements:
The following apps/widgets/services are now preloaded:
• Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
• MyInfoZone widget
• Galaxy Gear support
• Verizon Cloud
The following issues have been resolved:
• Exchange email server connectivity has been improved.
• Verizon 4G LTE connectivity has been improved.
• Isis Mobile Wallet connectivity has been improved.
• Google Voice prompt timing has been improved.
• Incoming call displays Picture Me on the screen when using Call Waiting.
The following changes have been made:
• Voicemail Notification has an Urgent Priority notification.
• ‘Drive Mode’ is now ‘Hands-Free Mode’ in icon glossary.
The update starts rolling out today, so in order to see if it’s ready for your handset, you’ll need to head into “Settings”, then “About Device” and select “Check for Updates”.