International Samsung Galaxy S III LTE Now Receiving Android 4.3 Update
After a short break, Samsung is now returning to its European rollout and has started by pushing the beefy Android 4.3 update to all its International Galaxy S III smartphones with the model number, GT-i9305. This much-anticipated update finally brings Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and support for the recently released Galaxy Gear smartwatch — which is designed to make receiving calls, texts and notifications on your handset a little easier to manage.
Reports have surfaced from all over Europe, predominantly Germany, notifying us that Galaxy S III owners have started to receive the Jelly Bean update. So, if you own an international version of the S III, it looks like this update will be making its way to you shortly. However, it’s important to bear in mind that this is a staged rollout, meaning that all countries within the European Union will receive the upgrade at different times. So if you’re located in France and have not received the update yet, but your friend in Germany has, don’t panic. It will be coming to you soon.
The Galaxy S III was announced back in May, 2012, and went on sale shortly after its announcement. The handset packs a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, a 1.4GHz Cortex-A9 processor, a Mali-400MP GPU, 1GB of RAM, 16GB/32GB/64GB of internal storage (expandable up to 64GB via microSD), an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 2,100 mAh battery.
The full changelog for the upgrade, courtesy of SamMobile, can be seen below:
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- KNOX included
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
To see if your device is eligible for the update now, head into “Settings,” then “About Device,” and select “Check for Updates”. If a pop-up window doesn’t appear telling you to update, don’t worry. It means that the update is not ready to be pushed out to your device, just yet. But when it is available, you will receive a push notification prompting you to download and install the update.