HTC Pushing Out Android 4.2.2 & Sense 5 Update For One SV
HTC is in the process of pushing out a rather hefty, unexpected over-the-air (OTA) update to all One SV handsets in Europe. The upgrade brings the latest build of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and Sense 5 to the device, complete with a multitude of additional bug fixes and speed enhancements.
The One SV was announced back in November, 2012, and started shipping in January, 2013. The handset packs a 4.3-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 480 x 800, a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon MSM8960 processor, an Adreno 305 GPU, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage (expandable up to 32GB via microSD), a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1,800 mAh battery.
The full changelog for the much-anticipated update can be seen below:
- Android 4.2.2 upgrade
- HTC Sense 5.0
- New lock screen style: electronic gadgets
- Added display the battery meter in the status bar options
- New sleep mode switch
- Quick Settings panel: use two-finger gestures with 12 sliding open the Notifications panel fast setting
- AE / AF lock: Long tap the screen shot on the screen to start the exposure / focus lock function
- Video Highlights living micro film: With 12 kinds of styles of music themes, automatically edited into a stunning 30 seconds video
- Music Channel: You can view the lyrics and music visualization screen * (* support content based on actual lyrics database shall prevail)
- Support more Chinese words
If you own a HTC One SV and have not yet received the over-the-air update, you can head into “Settings,” then “About Device,” and select “Check for Updates” to manually scan for the upgrade.
- SourceXDA Developers