Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini To Launch On AT&T For $0.99 Starting September 27
AT&T has officially announced that it will be adding Samsung’s ultra-affordable scaled down version of its flagship smartphone for 2012, the Galaxy S3 Mini, to its lineup. The handset will be available to purchase on the U.S. carrier starting Friday, September 27, for just $0.99 on any of AT&T’s 2-year plans.
The Galaxy S3 Mini is a respectable entry-level handset, packing a 4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, a 1GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor, a Mali-400 GPU, 1GB of RAM, 8/16 GB of internal storage (upgradable to 32GB via microSD), a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1,500 mAh removable Li-Ion battery.
The S3 Mini also packs all of these famous Samsung Galaxy features:
- S Beam – quickly and easily share files simply by tapping two S Beam enabled smartphones together. Or use ‘Buddy photo share’ to send a photo simultaneously to your friends pictured in an image directly from the camera or the photo gallery.
- S Voice – natural language recognition software lets you use your voice to unlock the phone with simple customized commands. Play your favorite songs, turn the volume up or down, organize your schedule, or automatically launch the camera and start taking photos.
- Group Play – lets you share music in “surround sound” so you can keep the party going. Group play also lets you collaborate and share photos as well as share files such sense PowerPoint presentations and PDF documents with other Galaxy devices.
- Easy Mode – is a great option for new smartphone users or simplicity seekers. Start out with a basic version of your home screen that keeps your favorite apps and features within reach.
- Smart Stay – uses eye-tracking technology and keeps the screen lit as long as you are looking at it uses eye-tracking technology and keeps the screen lit as long as you are looking at it.
The handset will be available to purchase on AT&T for $0.99, starting September 27, so be sure to check back for more information.