Verizon Galaxy Note II Gets Android 4.1.2 Update
Verizon has finally begun rolling out its Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy Note II. The software makes a whole host of enhancements and introduces new features, including Multi Window, and the Samsung Smart Switch application for transferring data from your old device.
Here are a list of “key device enhancements” this update brings to the Galaxy Note II:
- Download images via Enterprise Exchange email
- Download ring back tones through VZTones version 5.1.2 preloaded application
- Access downloaded languages on the Samsung keyboard
- Use Multi Window support for more applications (YouTube, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon Kindle, Viewdini, Google Maps and Talk)
- Search or filter by Name in the dialer screen
- The snooze option in the Alarm Clock app is set to “ON” by default
- All Alarm Clock options are now viewable without the need to press the “more” button
- Added a Notification Panel editing menu under Display Settings
- Transfer content from your old device seamlessly with the Samsung Smart Switch application, now supported
In addition to these things, users can expect performance improvements for VZ Navigator, text messaging, Verizon’s Wireless Backup Assistant Plus app, ISIS mobile wallet, and Exchange Active Sync. You should also see better Wi-Fi performance.
The update is being distributed to users over-the-air now, so if you haven’t already received it yet, you should see it soon. You can search for the update manually from within the Settings app.