ASUS Announces Newer 10.1” 1920×1200 Super IPS+ Transformer Prime Along With 7″ Eee Pad MeMO [CES 2012]
In a surprise turn of events, ASUS announced a newer Transformer Prime model, the TFT700T. This newer model seems to have numerous identical specs as its original, with the only discernible difference being the new back panel design (to help with GPS issues). There’s also the newer 1920 x 1200 Super IPS+ display and better front facing camera (2MP), but other than that, it’s the Transformer Prime TF201. I’m not entirely sure why the found the need to release such an “upgrade” so soon, and I’m sure this will make many TF201 owners quite unhappy, but I guess we can’t complain about having more choices — can we? Along with the surprising news of a newer Transformer Prime model, we finally get some more information on the ASUS Eee Pad MeMO.
The ASUS Eee Pad MeMO is a media bundled 7″ Ice Cream Sandwich tablet sporting a:
- 7.0” WXGA, 1280 x 800 resolution, IPS panel with capacitive touch
- Qualcomm 8260 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB storage; ASUS Webstorage options
- Camera- 1.2MP Video Camera (front )/5MP Auto-Focus Camera (rear) (1080P recording)
- Micro USB port (client)
- Card Reader(Micro-SD)
- micro HDMI (1.3a)
- Stereo Speakers
- Li-polymer 4400mAh battery (Battery Life: 8.5hrs video playback routine)
No dates or prices have been announced for the following tablets, but rumor has these beauties available some time Q2 of this year.
- SourceAndroid Central