LG Announces New Lineup Of Smart TVs With Google TV, As Well As The 4.5″ True HD IPS Display Spectrum For Verizon
At LG’s press event today, LG announced its new lineup of Smart TVs featuring Google TV. Not much was detailed about the LMG860 and LMG620, but both will feature Google TV integration as well as LG’s own Smart TV setup. Just as I predicted, more native integration of Google TV, and I couldn’t be happier. I can’t wait until it almost becomes standard to have a TV with GTV, but until then, let’s just enjoy what CES has to offer. Alongside their Smart TV announcement, came the announcement of their newest 4.5″ True HD IPS display smartphone, the LG Spectrum.
LG and Verizon announced the Spectrum’s availability and pricing, leaving consumers to drool over the $199.99 price tag and a long list of impressive features (and bloatware):
- 4.5-inch True HD IPS display provides natural colors and brilliant, undistorted HD images in 16:9 aspect ratio. Pictures and texts are incredibly sharp with 329 pixels per inch (PPI) screen density.
- Protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass, the True HD IPS display uses Real Stripe subpixel arrangement so images never get blurred
- Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread (Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade available the first half of 2012); support for Google™ Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™ and access to more than 300,000 apps available to download from Android Market™.
- Preloaded Netflix app allows Netflix subscribers to stream the latest movies in high-definition quality.
- Qualcomm 1.5 GHz dual-core processor makes multitasking seamless. Customers can surf the Web, check email and update social networks effortlessly.
- ESPN’s ScoreCenter app offers the most comprehensive sports coverage available on an Android device whether you follow the NFL or Premier League, ICC Champions League or MLB™, NASCAR or Formula One™. Customers can follow teams from more than 500 leagues around the world with an exclusive 720p high-definition feed for Spectrum by LG while connected to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network or Wi-Fi.
- Spectrum supports Dolby® Digital Plus, which allows users to maximize their HD multimedia experience. Dolby Digital Plus can stream up to 7.1 channels of surround sound through home entertainment systems.
• 8-megapixel rear-facing autofocus camera with LED flash to snap beautiful pictures and 1080p video capture
• Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chat
• SmartMovie HD app—create and edit HD videos right on the Spectrum by LG
• Mobile Hotspot capability—share 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
• Bluetooth® Version 3.0
• 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed with support for up to 32 GB microSD card
• SmartShare—share media wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
• HDMI mirroring capable via MHL
It’s great to see Verizon lowering the price on premium LTE smartphones, and if this one sells well, perhaps Verizon will adopt this price point for future models. Those hoping to get their hands on the LG Spectrum shouldn’t have to wait long, as the Spectrum is set to hit Verizon on January 19th. Hit up the source links for more information.
- SourceSpectrum by LG