Lenovo Has Big Plans For Ice Cream Sandwich, Unveils First Android 4.0 Smart TV And More [CES 2012]
I’m definitely going to end up lactose intolerant by the end of CES. We fully expected to see plenty of tablets running Ice Cream Sandwich, but how about a TV? I thought it possible, and even made some bold predictions, but I didn’t expect to see something announced so soon. Lenovo made a pre-CES announcement regarding what could very well be the world’s first Smart TV powered by the Android 4.0 OS. They’re calling it the K91, and it is the world’s first smart TV powered by QualComm’s 8060 Snapdragon dual core CPU and running Android 4.0. There’s plenty to love about this Ice Cream Sandwich TV and we’ll let you know about it after the break.
The K91 and its smart “Sandwich” UI will continue to revolutionize TV with features such as:
- VOD -The online HD VOD is tailored to individual consumers’ viewing history.
- 3D FPR technology – Delivering flicker-free video on a full HD IPS panel at 240hz with SRS TruSurround.
- Internet applications – Thousands of choices from the Android Market and Lenovo Store, including console games.
- Voice control – Natural language processing and speech recognition technology, allowing viewers to use voice commands to control the remote.
- Video interaction – Available via the built-in 5MP webcam, which integrates face recognition technology for security benefits and advanced parental control.
- Cloud support – Consumers can access their favorite songs and videos with ease, share files between the TV and their tablet, smartphone or PC, and even control the TV via tablet and smartphone.
I’m happy to see Android being integrated directly into the TV itself, and seeing Ice Cream Sandwich on one is even better than I imagined. Lenovo didn’t stop with the big TV announcement either. They let loose on the news of a dual-core 10.1″ tablet running Android 4.0, as well as an Android 4.0 packing smartphone. We’ve got some detail for you below.
The Lenova S2 smartphone and S2 10 tablet, along with Lenovo’s “Personal Cloud” vision, aim to create a seamless digital experience for its customers across multiple devices. The S2 smartphone will come in two versions (8GB or 16GB) and will feature:
- Qualcomm MSM8255 dual-core processor at 1.4GHz
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread (with Lenovo Magic 3.0)
- 3.8″ 800×480 TFT display
- 512MB RAM (for the 8GB version) or 1GB RAM (for the 16GB variant)
- WCDMA and HSPA+ Connectivity
- 8MP Camera and .3MP Front shooter
- Micro USB, 3.5mm audio, HDMI and MHL Connectivity
- 1500mAh battery
On the tablet side, we have the Lenovo S2 10, which is of course a 10.1″ lightweight tablet that features:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8960 Dual-Core Processor at 1.5GHz
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (with Lenovo’s Mondrian overlay)
- 10.1″ 1280×800 IPS Display
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB/64GB Internal Storage
- Wi-Fi And 3G Connectivity
- A variety of ports including micro USB, micro SD, Micro HDMI, SIM card, 3.5mm audio jack
- 5MP Camera and 1.3MP Front shooter
Keep ’em coming CES, wait a tick — CES didn’t even start yet! This is going to be an insane week…
- SourceAndroid Police