Amazon Boasts Best Holiday Kindle Sales To Date – Sells Millions Of Kindle Fires
This holiday was a record breaking year for many devices, and it seems Amazon’s Kindle family set a few records of their own, as Amazon was proud to announce its best holiday ever for the Kindle family. Without going into any details, Amazon announced that it had sold millions of Kindle Fire tablets as well as millions of Kindle e-readers. They go on to give more Kindle holiday facts such as:
- – Throughout December, customers purchased well over 1 million Kindle devices per week.
- – The new Kindle family held the top three spots on the Amazon.com best seller charts – #1: Kindle Fire, #2: Kindle Touch, #3: Kindle.
- – Kindle Fire is the #1 best-selling, most gifted, and most wished for product across the millions of items available on Amazon.com since its introduction 13 weeks ago.
- – Kindle is also the best-selling product on Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.es and Amazon.it this holiday season.
- – Kindle Fire is the best-selling product on Amazon.com’s mobile website and across all of Amazon.com’s mobile applications.
There’s no question Amazon’s sub $200 Android tablet was a success for Amazon, but I’d love to see some more specifics to get a better sense of just how well they did.
Did any of you pick up a Kindle family device this holiday? Was it for yourself or for a gift? How’s it holding up? I, for one, am happy Amazon released its Kindle Fire into the mobile ecosystem as it seems to have sparked a revolution of affordable tablets and price rethinking among the tablet manufacturers. Kudos Amazon and here’s to next year.