Big Android BBQ 2012 Tickets Now On Sale
Good news Android fans: tickets to the annual Big Android BBQ are now on sale! What’s the Big Android BBQ? Well… picture a backyard BBQ full of people who all share your affinity for Android and then multiply it by a googol. You spend countless hours reading Android blogs, listening to podcasts, and interacting via forums, hangouts, etc. and the Big Android BBQ is a way for us all to actually hang out, eat some great BBQ, and talk Android (or whatever else comes to mind).
Now don’t get me wrong, it’s not all fun and games (well mostly it is), there’s some serious Androidology going on at the Big Android BBQ. There will be dozens of speakers, numerous developer sessions, sponsor booths, and best of all — after parties!
This 3-day brisket bonanza will take place October 19-21 at the Hurst Conference Center in Hurst, TX and features four Android themed ticked tiers:
- Froyo Package ($50): 1 ticket to the event which gives you access to all the sessions as well as 1 ticket to the ‘BBQ After Party’ taking place on Sunday, as well as a Big Android BBQ 2012 T-shirt and Swag Bag.
- Gingerbread package ($100): Everything mentioned above PLUS — 1 reserved Key Note seat. You don’t have to arrive early or fight for the front row during the most anticipated keynote sessions of the event. PLUS — Your own line for breezing through the registration line at the beginning of the event. PLUS — You will get one bottle of Ray Walters’ secret rub that he has used on the meat for the last two BBQ events.
- Ice Cream Sandwich package ($150): Everything mentioned above PLUS –You won’t have to worry about lunch on either Saturday or Sunday as we will be providing you a private lunch event on both days. What makes this tier special is that both meals are “behind-the-scenes” lunches. Meaning you will get to sit with the staff and other VIP’s that are working on the event. You will get access to this private area and be able to eat and talk with the staff. Saturday will be a box lunch with water and/or soda, Sunday will consist of a delicious Fajita Wrap or Chef Salad with water and/or soda. You will be provided a private area in which to eat and relax so you don’t have to leave the event. PLUS — You will get a sneak peek at Ray Walters’ new book that reveals the secrets of making mouthwatering BBQ at home..
- Jelly Bean package ($250): Everything mentioned above PLUS — You get the ultimate Big Android BBQ experience! You will attend a small, private BBQ dinner Saturday night cooked by Ray Walters where you will be rubbing elbows with members of the CyanogenMod team, as well as representatives from sponsors. You will be privy to conversations about their future work as well as stuffing your face with all the pulled pork, brisket, ribs and bacon explosion you can eat. To wash it all down, there will be craft and micro-brewed beers available along with the water and/or soda.
Don’t have the funds to make it to this year’s Android BBQ? Don’t sweat it, we’re going to be giving away all sorts of Big Android BBQ swag from now until October, including tickets, and possibly airfare/hotel for one lucky reader.
Keep an eye out for more news regarding the Big Android BBQ 2012 and be sure to hit up the source link below to get your tickets while they’re available.
- SourceBig Android BBQ 2012