Android 4.0 Finally Makes It To The Verizon Motorola XOOM
Android 4.0 has begun rolling out to all Verizon Motorola XOOM customers after a brief soak test last week. The update is being pushed in phases and brings with it the awesomeness of Ice Cream Sandwich and a whole slew of features and fixes. Check below for the full changelog:
Additional Device Enhancements & Fixes with Ice Cream Sandwich Upgrade:
Email, Messaging and Data
– 4G LTE upgrade issues resolved.
– Device successfully connects to 4G LTE network immediately after DUAL IMSI switch.
– Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) policy improvements.
– EAS security and sync fixed.
– Optimized EAS setup.
– Enhanced Client Conversions with EAS.
– Email search now available.
– Improved email folder ordering.
– Updated Browser with faster rendering, zoom and pan features.
– Users have the ability to save pages for offline reading and desktop versions of websites.
– Updated “People” application to integrate with Google+ and other social networks.
– Improved text input and spell-check.
– Down arrow added in browser navigation bar.
– Improved device stability.
– Pressing the power button locks the device when
you have a pattern, pin or password lock enabled.
– App launcher has been redesigned to allow app
dragging to do the following:
- Get Information
– Improved imaging capabilities:
- Launch camera from Lockscreen
- Added effects during video recording
- Single motion panorama mode
– Added photo editor to the Gallery application.
– Updated widget controls to allow expansion and
contraction to show more content.
– New system font (Roboto) for improved readability.
– Improved screen rotation response time.
– Optimized widget sizes.
– Improved device stability limits the number of resets.
– Improvements to Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
There’s certainly no lack of features to start playing around with once you receive the update. If you don’t feel like waiting for the OTA to hit, you can always try this little trick to push the update:
- From your tablet, head into Settings>Apps>All.
- Search for Google Services Framework.
- Once found, tap on it and choose “Force stop.”
- Then choose “Clear data.”
- Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.
Welcome to club guys!