You may have been quite content using such unofficial apps as the UK Train Times for your detailed, real-time U.K. train information but we thought you’d like to know that an official U.K. National Rail app has finally made its way to Anroid and iOS. Announced yesterday, the official National Rail Enquiries app for iOS and Android feature detailed, real-time information as well as:
- My travel – One place for your favourite journeys and stations. Find the next train home and get relevant live updates at a glance
- Live trains – View real-time departures and arrivals boards for any station
- Progress tracking – From A to B and everything in between, find out exactly where a train is along a route
- Journey planner – Plan your journeys with up-to-the-minute travel information. Track the progress of trains and disruptions along your route
- Watch a train – Pin a train to My travel to watch its progress with a single tap
- Push notifications – Get disruption alerts as they happen
- Wake-up alerts – Avoid missing your stop or getting caught out when the train divides or arrives at its destination
- Tube and DLR – Plan your journey to or from London Zone 1 Underground and DLR stations
The app is free on both Android and iOS and thus comes with the nuisance of ads but I believe an ad-free version is in the works (don’t quote me on that). Either way, it’s a great tool that is sure to enhance your train traveling experience and it won’t cost you anything but the few seconds you’ll have to wait for it to download.
For more information or to download the app, please visit the link to your respective app store.