Sidecar Looks To Bring Together Phone And Media Over WiFi
If you’re looking for another alternative to sharing media content and making free phone calls over WiFi, you might want to check out Sidecar for Android and iOS. The recently released app allows users a plethora of sharing options as long as all recepients have the app installed. If you try to make a call to someone who doesn’t yet have the app, it will send them a text message asking them to check out the app. Features of Sidecar include:
- See What I See
- Photos: Snap brilliant pictures, or share photos from their phone’s library.
- Locations: See where you are in relation to each other, and share locations.
- Contact Information: Pass along and integrate contacts from their phone’s address book.
- Whisper Text: Send a private text message to another Sidecar user during a call.
- Sidecar users can call each other anywhere in the world for free
- Sidecar users can call regular phones numbers in the US or Canada for free over Wi-Fi
While I didn’t see any device restrictions for Android, I did notice that the iPhone 3GS is not supported as well as phone numbers with less than 10 digits.
If you’d like to learn more about Sidecar, you can hit the appropriate app store link below.
Google Play Store Link: Sidecar
App Store Link: Sidecar