You can now respond to group messages using Motorola Connect
Motorola is currently rolling out a rather hefty update in the Play Store for its browser-based notification app, Connect. The upgrade now allows users to view and respond to both multimedia and group text messages directly from Google Chrome on their PC or Mac.
Bundled into this update is also improved matching between contacts and phone numbers, which means that the name of the person texting you should now be displayed in the browser window instead of just their number — all thanks to new permissions.
For those unaware, Connect allows Moto X, Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini owners to read and respond to text message directly from their computer’s keyboard, providing they have the relevant Chrome extension installed, which can be grabbed here.
The full changelog for this beefy V1.5.1 update can be seen below:
- Added support for receiving MMS (picture & group messaging).
- Receive picture messages
- Reply to picture messages via SMS (text message)
- Receive group messages
- Reply to group messages individually via SMS
- Improved contact matching & phone number format (requires new permission for coarse location, which only identifies country locale).
If you own one of the Connect-compatible smartphones listed above and have not received a push notification prompting you to download and install the update — click the Google Play link below to do it manually.
- Google Play StoreMotorola Connect