Sony Xperia Z2 First Software Update Brings Camera Improvements
The Xperia Z2 might not be available in all the regions across the world but that has not stopped Sony from rolling out a software update for the handset. The update fixes quite a few bugs and issues present in the stock firmware of the handset whilst also bringing some much needed enhancements.
One of the most notable changes in the update is the improved camera performance with faster autofocus and startup time. Even though the Xperia Z2 sports the same camera hardware as its predecessor, the Xperia Z1, initial reviews suggest a marked improvement in image quality thanks to better processing algorithms.
It will be interesting to see if this update further improves matter and fixes some of the weak spots of Sony’s 20.7MP monster camera. Below is the full change-log of the update:
- Improved camera performance & function with faster start time and better auto focus
- Enhanced in-call audio with fine tuned noise cancellation
- Improved FM radio function
- Graphics improvements with smoother scrolling and image movement
- Improved stability with the latest bug fixes and enhancements
The software update (v17.1.A.2.55) is rolling out in stages but Sony is pretty quick in delivering updates so expect it to land on your Z2 sometime soon.