U.S. Cellular’s Note 3 Gets Android 4.4.2 Today [Rumor]
Another internal document has been leaked on the internet this time revealing that U.S. Cellular’s much-anticipated Android 4.4.2 update for Samsung’s former flagship smartphone of 2013, the Galaxy Note 3, will start rolling out later today, Wednesday, February 19, to all carrier-branded handsets located in the United States. This upgrade transports the latest build of KitKat, in addition to several enhancements for the TouchWiz custom user interface.
The Note 3 is arguably the best super-sized Android-powered smartphone on the market, packing a stunning 5.7-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920, a Snapdragon 800 or Exynos Octa Core processor (market dependant), an Adreno 330 GPU, 3GB of RAM, 16GB/32GB/64GB of internal storage (expandable up to 64GB via microSD), a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 3,200 mAh battery.
The full changelog for the upcoming over-the-air update can be seen below:
- Android 4.4, KitKat: Android 4.4.2, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Phone dialer: Improved the phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Camera – Focus and exposure: Enhanced the “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Gallery – Photo editing: Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Printing documents and pictures: Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Hangouts – SMS/MMS support: Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
- Accessory: support Added support for Square credit card reader.
- TouchWiz improvements: a new traditional Android-style icon pack coupled with a slightly re-designed lockscreen.
- Sprint Support: MVNO Zact Mobile users will now be able to use the service.
Be sure to check back as we will be letting you know the minute the over-the-air update starts rolling out.