HTC India Now Rolling Out Android 4.4.2 KitKat To The One Max & One Mini
HTC is unexpectedly in the midst of rolling out the much anticipated over-the-air (OTA) update to all unlocked One Max and One Mini handsets located in India. This upgrade brings the latest build of KitKat and Sense 5.5 to the handset, complete with a multitude of additional bug fixes and speed optimizations.
Android 4.4.2 is a significant upgrade from 4.3 Jelly Bean, packing a completely redesigned user interface, SMS message integration in Hangouts, Google Now on the home screen, and lots, lots more. The full changelog for the update can be seen below:
- Android 4.4, KitKat: Android 4.4.2, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- HTC Sense 5.5 User Interface.
- Phone dialer: Improved the phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Camera – Focus and exposure: Enhanced the “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Gallery – Photo editing: Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Printing documents and pictures: Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Hangouts – SMS/MMS support: Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
- Accessory: support Added support for Square credit card reader.
If you’re in India, own either a One Max or a One Mini and have not yet received the update, you can head into “Settings,” then “About Device,” and select “Check for Updates” to manually scan for the upgrade.
- SourceHTC India