U.S. Cellular’s Galaxy S4 To Receive Android 4.4.2 Tomorrow [Rumor]
An internal document has been leaked on the internet revealing that U.S. Cellular’s much-anticipated Android 4.4.2 update for Samsung’s former flagship smartphone of 2013, the Galaxy S4, will start rolling out tomorrow, Wednesday, February 19, to all carrier-branded handsets located in the United States. This upgrade ferries the latest build of KitKat in addition to several enhancements for the TouchWiz custom user interface.
The Galaxy S4 was released back in April, 2013, and packs a 5-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920, a 1.6GHz quad-core Cortex A15 processor, a PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU, 2GB of RAM, 16GB/32GB/64GB of internal storage (expandable up to 64GB via microSD), a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and a removable 2,600 mAh Li-Ion battery.
The full changelog for the upcoming over-the-air update can be seen below:
- Android 4.4, KitKat: Android 4.4.2, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Phone dialer: Improved the phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Camera – Focus and exposure: Enhanced the “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Gallery – Photo editing: Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Printing documents and pictures: Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Hangouts – SMS/MMS support: Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
- Accessory: support Added support for Square credit card reader.
- TouchWiz improvements: a new traditional Android-style icon pack coupled with a slightly re-designed lockscreen.
- Sprint Support: MVNO Zact Mobile users will now be able to use the service.
Be sure to check back as we will be letting you know the minute the over-the-air update starts its rolling out.