Sony Now Rolling Out Android 4.3 For Xperia T, TX, V & SP
Sony Mobile has posted a press release on its blog announcing that it’s currently in the process of pushing out the much-anticipated Android 4.3 over-the-air update to the Xperia T, Xperia TX, Xperia V and Xperia SP. In terms of functionality, this upgrade brings the latest build of Jelly Bean, in addition to a multitude of stability improvements, bug fixes and some great Sony software features.
Sony’s custom application portfolio has received a complete makeover; Messaging, Smart Connect, Track ID and Sony Select are much snappier and more elegant to use. Sony’s media apps have also received a minor refresh, bringing them up to date with the current version available on the company’s flagship Xperia Z range of smartphones. Finally, the Power Management hub has also been updated with new ‘smart options’ for saving battery life and optimizing performance.
The full changelog can be seen below:
- Google’s Android 4.3; Jelly Bean as standard – bringing Project Butter performance & UI response optimisation and a smoother graphical experience
- We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select and
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration* – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, offering seamless access to both local and cloud conten
- The launch of our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – more on this soon…
- The latest Android security enhancements, matched with Sony’s mobile enterprise solution: Xperia in Business
- Battery STAMINA Mode – updated version of Sony’s power management app, now with refreshed interface and more smart options for prolonging battery life
The update is currently being pushed out by several carriers in the U.S. and Europe. In order to see if the upgrade is ready to be downloaded and installed on your handset, head into ‘Settings’, ‘About Device’ and tap ‘Check for Updates’. Be sure to leave us a comment when you receive yours.
- SourceSony Blog