Boost Mobile Rolling Out Android 4.4.2 OTA For Moto G
Boost Mobile is currently rolling out the recently announced Android 4.4.2 KitKat update to all of its carrier-branded Moto G variants in the United States. As well as the bump up to 4.4.2, this particular upgrade also brings support for Motorola Migrate in addition to a multitude of bug fixes and stability improvements.
The Moto G is effectively a scaled down version of Google’s flagship smartphone, the Moto X, packing a 4.5-inch capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 720 x 1280, a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, an Adreno 305 GPU, 1GB of RAM, 8GB/16GB of internal storage, a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 1.3-megapixel front-facing shooter and a 2,070 mAh Li-Ion removable battery.
The full changelog for the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, can be seen below:
- Android 4.4, KitKat: Android 4.4.2, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Phone dialer: Improved the phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Camera – Focus and exposure: Enhanced the “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Gallery – Photo editing: Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more. A completely redesigned user interface.
- Printing documents and pictures: Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Hangouts – SMS/MMS support: Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
- Accessory: support Added support for Square credit card reader.
If you own a Boost carrier branded Moto G and have not yet received the OTA update, you can head into “Settings,” then “About Device,” and select “Check for Updates” to manually scan for this upgrade.