KitKat Update Now Being Sent To Samsung Galaxy Note 3’s In Eastern Europe
Samsung is now rolling out the much-anticipated Android 4.4.2 KitKat update to all Eastern European models of its flagship smartphone, the Galaxy Note 3, in Poland and Russia. This upgrade, build number KOT49H, is a fairly major bump up from 4.3 Jelly Bean, and brings a mass of new functionality, together with the usual multitude of bug fixes, stability improvements and speed optimizations.
Regarding specifications, the Note 3 packs a stunning 5.7-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920, a Snapdragon 800 or Exynos Octa Core processor (market dependant), an Adreno 330 GPU, 3GB of RAM, 16GB/32GB/64GB of internal storage (expandable up to 64GB via microSD), a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 3,200 mAh battery.
The full changelog for the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, can be seen below:
- Android 4.4, KitKat: Android 4.4.2, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Phone dialer: Improved the phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Camera – Focus and exposure: Enhanced the “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Gallery – Photo editing: Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Printing documents and pictures: Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Hangouts – SMS/MMS support: Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
- Accessory: support Added support for Square credit card reader.
- TouchWiz improvements: a new traditional Android-style icon pack coupled with a slightly re-designed lockscreen.
If you’re based in Poland or Russia and have not yet received the over-the-air update, you can head into “Settings,” then “About Device,” and select “Check for Updates” to manually scan for the upgrade. Alternatively, you can wait for the push notification to hit your device, prompting you to download and install the update.