Talon Is Everything You Need In An Android Twitter Client
Ever since Twitter introduced a limit of 100k tokens, development of third-party Twitter clients has slowed down drastically. This is a huge blow to Android’s app eco-system which even after all these years lacks a Tweetbot competitor.
This might change today with the release of Talon for Twitter, a beautiful and feature-packed Twitter client for Android, created by the developer of Sliding Messaging — Luke Klinker.
Talon has a beautiful UI with a highly customizable theme engine and even makes use of the transparent navigation bar on devices running Android 4.4 KitKat. The app also has quite a few unique features including ‘Windowed Advances’, Emoji support, In-line interactions, a tablet optimized layout and all the other features that you expect a Twitter client to pack nowadays.
Below is the full feature-list of the app -:
- “Talon Pull” to always be listening for tweets and for push notification like functionality!
- 3 main timelines to – of course – slide between (home, mentions, and direct messages) PLUS 2 more quick sliding pages to give you access to all your links and pictures in one place – we will keep those “Discover” and “Activity” tabs where they belong, out of sight!
- An extremely powerful developer centered theme engine (https://goo.gl/4gJ0uF)
- Light, dark, and pitch black themes along with a night mode
- Choose between either “Talon” or “Hangouts” layouts by default
- Live streaming support for quick, always available content
- “Advance Windowed” option to never leave that timeline behind
- Expandable, actionable, and dynamic notification system
- Full app popup for quick access wherever you are
- Full emoji support for iOS 7 and Android’s Hangouts emojis
- In-line pictures and YouTube thumbnails
- Native YouTube support
- In-app browser
- Actionbar Pull-to-Refresh
- Quick popup image viewer
- DashClock extension and widget
- And those are only some of the app’s features, there are a ton of “Twitter features” that I won’t list off here, but it is pretty much anything and everything possible for a 3rd party app
Perhaps, the only chunk in Talon’s feature armor is the lack of push notifications which the developer has tried to make up with “Talon Pull”, but it takes quite a toll on battery life.
Nevertheless, if you are an avid Twitter user, Talon for Twitter is definitely a must buy. The app can be purchased from the Play Store for $1.99.