C Spire HTC One Receiving Android 4.3 OTA Update
The popular U.S. carrier, C Spire, is currently pushing out a longly-awaited over-the-air (OTA) update for all of its carrier-branded HTC One handsets in the United States. This upgrade brings Android 4.3 and Sense 5.0 to the handset, in addition to a multitude of additional bug fixes and speed optimizations.
The One was released back in March 2013, and features an impressive 4.7-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen with a 1080 x 1920 resolution, a 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, an Adreno 320 GPU, 2GB of RAM, 32/64GB of internal storage, a 4-megapixel UltraPixel rear-facing camera and a 2,300 mAh battery.
The changelog for the much-anticipated upgrade can be viewed below:
- Autocomplete – just start touching numbers or letters and the dial pad will suggest phone numbers or names. To turn on this feature, open your phone app in settings and enable “Dial pad autocomplete.”
- OpenGL ES 3.0 – Android now supports the latest version of the industry standard for high performance graphics.
- Additional language support – Android is now translated in Africaans, Amharic (አማርኛ), Hindi (हिंदी), Swahili (Kiswahili), and Zulu (IsiZulu).
- Hebrew, Arabic, and other RTL (right-to-left) – now supported in the home screen, settings, and Phone, People, and Keep apps.
- Easier text input – an improved algorithm for tap-typing recognition makes text input easier.
- Lower latency input for gamepad buttons and joysticks.
- Location detection through Wi-Fi – use Wi-Fi to detect location without turning on Wi-Fi all the time.
- Bluetooth Smart support.
- Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3 support – display song names on a car stereo.
- Disabled apps tab – check which apps are disabled in Settings > Apps.
- Restricted profiles – put your tablet into a mode with limited access to apps and content.
- Setup wizard simplification – getting started on Android is easier thanks to the ability to correct previous input, and because of streamlined user agreements.
- Faster user switching – switching users from the lock screen is now faster.
- Enhanced photo daydream – navigate through interesting albums.
If you’re a beloved C Spire customer and haven’t received the update OTA, you can head into “Settings,” then “About Device,” and select “Check for Updates” to manually scan for the upgrade.