Samsung Releases Wallet On Google Play
Samsung has officially released its Wallet application on the Play Store, an app that was only previously accessible via Samsung Apps on either the Galaxy S III, Galaxy S4 or Galaxy Note II. Samsung first previewed Wallet back at MWC in February and continues to be the South Korean company’s answer to Apple’s Passbook.
The app still remains an exclusive to Samsung devices, and provides users with a digital wallet that is capable of holding coupons, tickets, and gift cards from select partners. Samsung Wallet still lacks NFC and actual payment system integration. However, it now supports importing from other applications.
Wallet is made up of 5 main features: Transportation, Event, Membership, Coupon and General. All of which consist of inner categories: S Airlines, S Theater, S Membership, S Coupon, as well as S Hotel.com. Each of these categories can be used to store relevant information, such as travel tickets (airplane and train), movie tickets, membership/point cards, coupons and vouchers.
The key features of Samsung Wallet include:
- Optimized for HD and Full-HD Samsung devices
- Store and manage tickets, coupons, mobile boarding passes and membership cards in one convenient place
- Offers 5 default categories for easy management of Tickets. You can also add categories for more personalization.
- Customizable time and location-based reminders to show the Tickets at the right time and place.
- Synchronize all your Tickets to multiple devices using Samsung account
- Receive and store Co-marketing offers
- Create your own tickets manually by using ‘Create my ticket’ feature
- Discover grocery coupons and digitally save them to loyalty card of participating groceries
The application is free to download and is compatible with most Galaxy devices. To try your luck and see if its suitable for yours, click the source link below.
- SourceGoogle Play