Rdio Launches ‘You FM’ Personalized Radio Stations To Take On Pandora
Rdio announced this morning that it is launching a new personalized radio station feature to take on Pandora and iTunes Radio. The new radio station feature, dubbed You FM, combines users’ listening history with track voting, Facebook likes, Twitter follows and more to give each user an individualized experience.
Here are the other features Rdio added:
- Radio you’ll never tire of — Choose from 10 different station types to create an endless list of favorite stations, each drawing on our catalog of over 20 million songs. Start a station by typing in any artist or song in the search bar, or select one of almost 400 sub-genre stations. No matter what your mood or taste in music, we have a station that’s just right for you.
- Stunning new player — Vote on individual songs, tune stations towards familiar or adventurous sounds, and pivot stations based on favorite tracks, all inside a dynamic station player design that features album art like it’s meant to be seen.
- You FM — A brand new, personalized, adjustable station that leverages Taste Profiling technology from The Echo Nest and incorporates all your listening history, track voting, Facebook likes, Twitter follows, and more to create a truly unique and individualized listening experience. As your tastes grow and evolve, so does You FM.
- Stations front and center — A simple, elegant user interface for browsing various station types, creating new stations, and revisiting favorite stations.
- Social discovery — Easily play stations based on your friends’ aggregated listening history (Heavy Rotation Station) or tuning into a specific friend’s or influencer’s You FM by clicking People. It’s like flipping on the car radio and knowing every DJ.