Carbon Update Brings Notification Improvements, In-App Browser & More
The popular third-party Twitter client, Carbon, has received a pretty hefty update bringing with it a ton of new features and bug fixes. Included in this upgrade is the ability to adjust notification frequency options ranging from 5 to 120 minutes, a snappy in-app browser, a redesigned image viewer screen, and lots more.
Carbon has also brought back the conversations thread following a change to Twitter’s API; this is a great feature which enables you to view a users conversation together with other users all in one place, without having to come in and out of a Tweet.
Vine and YouTube support has also been integrated, so now you can view videos without having to leave the app.
The full changelog can be seen below:
Additions, New Stuff, and Changes:
- 4×1 Home Screen Widget for quick actions (The original)
- In-App Browser
- YouTube API and in-app YouTube video playback
- Vine videos Timeline Preview and playback
- People Search
- Tweet font size options
- Quote style options
- New Image Viewer screen
- Save Image option
- User Profiles now include users Favorites and Mentions
- All JPEG, PNG URLs are now previewed on Timelines
- Imagur Image previews added
- Image Upload option to Twitpic
- Notification frequency options of 5 up to 120 minutes.
- Option disable image/video previews on Timeline
- Timeline context options are now dismissible via back button
- Conversation View is now back and fixed
- Account profile avatars are now fixed
- Fixed Following/Followers lists’ loading and retry
- Direct Messages screen hang bug fix
- Direct Messages cache sync
- Fixed Instagram image preview bug
- Add User to List bug fixed
- Compose screen character counter fixed to show the right count
- App freeze bug caused by Timeline caches fixed
- Fixed bug on home screen that did not update Account avatars
Click the source link below to update your copy of Carbon.
- SourceGoogle Play