Sony SmartWatch 2 Shipping In The U.K. Starting July 15
According to the popular U.K. electronics retailer, Clove, Sony’s recently announced SmartWatch 2 will be arriving in stock via the retailer starting July 15.
The device is already available to pre-order through Clove for £120 (including VAT), which is around $180. The U.K. based electronics retailer has published an official blog post, stating that the first units will ship as soon as they arrive.
The U.K. release date of July 15 is certainly very surprising, considering that Sony announced in its official SmartWatch 2 press release that the watch will ship at some point during September. Not long after Sony declared that the device would be coming to the U.K. it then confirmed that it will also arrive in France in September, at the cost of €199, which is around $258.
By the looks of it, customers in the U.K. are definitely getting the better deal and an earlier shipping date!
Here’s what kind of features you can expect from the SmartWatch 2:
- Splash proof (Not suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, diving, snorkelling, water related work or fishing)
- Easy calling
- NFC capabilities
- Versatile accessory ideal for the active person
- Connects via Bluetooth to your compatible device
- Transmits key information from the mobile device to the SmartWatch without the need to touch the phone itself
- Can be clipped to clothing, bags or worn on the wrist
- More applications being developed at all times to give greater personalisation and functionality
If you like the sound of Sony’s SmartWatch 2 and wish to pre-order one, click the source link below.