Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Now Available For The Sprint Epic 4G Touch!
If you’re still the proud owner of a Sprint Epic 4G Touch, you can now update to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (build GB27). The software update is only available to download via Samsung Kies. Sprint’s support page claims that the file is “only available over-the-wire”, as the file is too large for a direct download to your device.
The Jelly Bean update consists of many upgrades to enhance your systems performance, in addition to some new features for you to enjoy; there are various notification centre enhancements, camera adjustments, implementation of widgets, the ability for users to create folders for their applications, enhancements for Android Beam and a new interface for the search tool. Like any other Jelly Bean update, your device will receive Project Butter and Google Now.
However this is not a normal Jelly Bean update – the update is paired with the popular TouchWiz Nature UX from the Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III. This means that after you update, you should receive additional features,such as Smart Stay, Motion Zoom, S Beam, Mirroring and more.
If you are unsure how to update your device via Kies, please feel free to use the tutorial below:
1) Download the latest version of Kies software for your OS from here.
2) Connect your phone to your computer via a compatible USB cable.
3) Kies will automatically search for the update – you will then be asked if you wish to update to the latest firmware.
4) If you want to, read the terms & conditions and check ‘yes’ in the checkbox.
5) Let the update completely finish before disconnecting your device, your computer will notify you when you can disconnect your device.
Will you be updating your Epic 4G Touch to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean? Let us know in the comments section below.